We encourage all students from around the world to apply. The official admission application deadline for Fall Semester is February 1 . Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications early.
Individuals (either international students or students from Taiwan) with a B.S. or M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) from an accredited institution are eligible to apply. Students holding only a B.S. degree require evaluation by the admission committee to advance onto the Ph.D. program at the end of their first year of study.
The following documents are required to best evaluate the applicant's qualification for admission:
- Bachelor and/or Master of Science Degree's Diploma/Certificate
- Academic Transcript
- Please include an explanation of the grading system.
- If the original document is not in English, an authorized transcript in English is required.
- English Proficiency Certificate
All applicants must submit a TOEFL (or equivalent) score obtained within the past 2 years and the minimum score requirement
- TOEFL: 79 on the TOEFL Internet-based Test (TOEFL-iBT)
- IELTS: Overall Band Score of 5.5 on the Academic Test
- TOIEC: Total score of 785
- GEPT: High-intermediate level
Who can waive the English proficiency requirement:
- Applicants who are citizens of English-speaking countries
- Applicants who obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree from a college or university located in English-speaking countries
- Applicants whose undergraduate or graduate education is taught entirely in English from non- English-speaking countries (proof required, please provide the medium of instruction certificate issued by your university.)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose and plan for graduate study
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (Optional)
If the original document is not in English, an authorized diploma/certificate in English is required.
Commenting on the applicant's character and qualifications for independent study, including intellectual ability, research potential, and scientific motivation.
Other evidence of scholarly achievements, such as Master’s thesis, research publications, and/or description of research experience.
All applicants are highly recommended to submit a GRE General Test Score. An advanced Subject Test in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, chemistry, or biology is also recommended.