1. Adaptive Immunity
2. Omics and Precision Medicine
3. Antigen Presenting Cells
4. Vaccine Development
M.D. National Taiwan University
Ph.D. National Cheng Kung University
Clinical Immunology Lab: linking innate cells to adaptive immunity
T cell Regulation in Inflammatory Diseases
1. We have demonstrated that UVB-exposed Treg cells contributed to the alleviation of inflammatory skin in a murine model of OVA-induced skin inflammation under UVB irradiation. When depleting Treg cells in Foxp3DTR/GFP mice by the administration of diphtheria toxin, we found UVB irradiation could not suppress OVA-induced skin inflammation. In addition, we found that LAG-3 expression was significantly increased in UVB-exposed Treg cells.
2. Cytokine signaling between keratinocytes and innate cells results in CD4/CD8/Treg cell infiltration of psoriasis lesions. We applied single-cell mass cytometry (Cytometry Time-Of-Flight, CyTOF) to investigate function of Treg cells in the peripheral blood of patients with psoriasis. We will also apply single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq) to dissect the differential pattern among skin cells of patients before and after UVB therapy.
DC-based Cancer Immunotherapy
1. Emerging evidence suggests the promoting role of aromatic hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) in the initiation, promotion, progression, invasion, and metastasis of cancer cells. AhR-CD11c-conditional KO mice were generated and we found tumor growth were significantly reduced in conditional KO mice. It was also noted that activation of AhR can induce PD-L1 level on dendritic cell (DC) and Treg recruitment.
2. We employed phage display to select anti-CD11c peptide and AhR-neutralizing single-chain fragment variable (ScFv). PEGylated peptide is inserted into surface of liposome and the transcript of neutralizing ScFv is packaged in the inner space of liposome. Liposome coats acid-labile PEG-PGA-HX to prevent systemic peptidase and accelerating endosomal escape in acidic tumor microenvironment. Finally, we implemented the humanized ASID mice to investigate the efficiency of liposomal drugs. The DC-targeted cancer treatment remodels the tumor microenvironment and reduces side effects.
Neutrophil extracellular trap production and CCL4L2 expression influence corticosteroid response in asthmaScience Translational Medicine, Jun 07, 2023
PD-L1 Enhanced by cis-Urocanic Acid on Langerhans Cells Inhibits Vγ4+ γδT17 Cells in Psoriatic Skin InflammationJournal of Investigative Dermatology, Apr 20, 2023