Research Technician (Cheng Lab)
The Cheng lab is looking for an enthusiastic and excellent Research Technician to join our dynamic and competitive group in human immunology research in the Institute of Biomedical Science at Academia Sinica, Taiwan. Our research focuses on deep-profiling human virus-specific T cells during viral infection, vaccination, or virus-associated cancer by using highly multiplexed combinatorial peptide-MHC tetramer staining, mass cytometry, and single-cell sequencing methods (Cheng et al., 2019. Science Immunology; Cheng et al., 2021. Immunity). We are interested in dissecting the different arms of human adaptive immune responses, and characterize their functional and cellular heterogeneity, particularly tissue-resident memory T cells and follicular helper T cells. We are currently working on chronic hepatitis B infection (HBV), HBV- associated hepatocellular carcinoma and liver disease, and SARS-CoV-2 infection and vaccination.
1. Learn nuances of mass cytometry experiment, maintenance, and the preparation of reagents.
2. Produce proteins required for highly multiplexed combinatorial peptide-MHC tetramer staining.
3. Use single-cell sequencing methods to further profile human antigen-specific T cells.
4. Perform high-dimensional data analysis.
5. Carry out high quality research under the supervision of Dr. Yang Cheng or senior member in the lab, and support other lab members’ projects.
6. Lab management.
• Passionate in science
• Bachelor’s degree in related scientific fields
• Cell and tissue culture, experience in common techniques in molecular and cellular biology
• Great organization and communication (verbal and writing) skills
• Team player with great interpersonal characteristics
• Experience in flow cytometry
Preferred qualifications (candidates who have the following criteria will be considered as favored):
• Experience in handling and processing human clinical samples
• Certified phlebotomist
• Experience in molecular cloning, and protein production and purification
• Experience in TCR sequencing
• Experience in FACS sorting
• Experience in spectral flow cytometry
• Experience in R (or python)
WHY JOIN US:
• It’s a new lab. You get to set the tone.
• Learning the cutting-edge techniques in modern immunological and biomedical research.
• We care about your career development and trajectory. We want you to be successful.
• We have ongoing local and international collaborations across the US, UK, Europe, and Asia- Pacific. You get the chance to work with scientists around the world.
• We love to see you bring in new ideas and perspectives.
• We believe diversity, equity and inclusion drive creativity.
• We love teamwork.
We are committed to build a collegial, pleasant, open, and welcoming working environment. Interested candidate should send a cover letter and CV to Dr. Yang Cheng at email@example.com.